Our standard two-day beginner kayaking course include kayaking instruction on still water introducing basic paddling strokes, focusing on boat control on day one. Practice the wet exit, bracing skills, paddling in a straight line, turning a kayak, proper posture in the boat, and some of the basics of the Eskimo roll.
On your second day, it’s off to the Soča river on a relatively short section of Class I and II whitewater, a perfect environment of easy rapids and flatwater to practice your newly-learned skills. Focus on skills such as eddy turns, peel-outs, ferrying, rudering and surfing. Interested kayaking students can devote additional time to the Eskimo roll.
More advanced kayaking instruction may be available on our Weekend Kayak Course, One Week Kayak Course or by special arrangement.
• Duration: 1 or 2 days. 3 or 6 hours on the river per day.
• Drive from our Office: 15-20 minutes
• Max guide-to-client ratio: 1:5
• Season: From April till end of October
• Technical: flatwater, rapids class 1 – 2 white water
• Min no. of participants: 2
• Qualified kayak instructors
• Kayaks, paddles and all of the technical gear you will need for kayaking
• Transportation from our office to the route and back to our office
What to bring
Swimming suit, towel, half liter of water in a bottle, sun screen and lip balm if needed, Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Price for Two Day Kayak Course: 134€ per person